As soon as the sun is shining this satay recipe is perfect for marinating some meat and cooking on the bbq. This quantity is enough to marinate two large chicken breasts, cut into strips. It is easily scaled up and works excellently with pork too. I love skewering the marinated pork with alternates pieces of fresh pineapple and then barbecuing.
- 1 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp soy sauce (gluten-free if required)
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 lime leaves, roughly chopped (or use the zest of the lime)
- 1 lemon grass, bruised with the back of a knife and then finely chopped
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
Combine all ingredients together. Coat the meat and allow to marinate.
Aim to do this the night before for ultimate flavour and then skewer and cook the next day.